Victorian Racing Tribunal
The Victorian Racing Tribunal has jurisdiction for all matters involving serious offences under the rules of racing of the respective racing codes. It also has jurisdiction to hear appeals from decisions of stewards in relation to other offences.
The Tribunal is made up of a Chairperson, three Deputy Chairpersons and 12 other Members.
The Deputy Chairpersons each have responsibility for tribunal matters in relation to one of the three racing codes and have been appointed on the basis of particular skill, knowledge or experience in relation to that code but is independent of the code controlling body.
The Tribunal hears and determines:
- appeals against decisions made under the rules of racing to impose a penalty on a person;
- appeals against decisions made under the rules following a direction made by the Racing Integrity Commissioner;
- serious offence charges;
- matters referred to the Tribunal by Harness Racing Victoria, Greyhound Racing Victoria, Racing Victoria or the Stewards of a controlling body.
- appeals against decisions of a controlling body to refuse to grant approval for a bookmaker to operate from off-course premises; and
- appeals relating to Trainer User Agreements
Page last updated: 23 April 2021