Victorian Racing Tribunal
The Victorian Racing Tribunal has jurisdiction for all matters involving serious offences under the rules of racing of the respective racing codes. It also has jurisdiction to hear appeals from decisions of stewards in relation to other offences.
The Tribunal is made up of a Chairperson, three Deputy Chairpersons and 12 other Members.
The Deputy Chairpersons each have responsibility for tribunal matters in relation to one of the three racing codes and have been appointed on the basis of particular skill, knowledge or experience in relation to that code but is independent of the code controlling body.
The Tribunal hears and determines:
- appeals against decisions made under the rules of racing to impose a penalty on a person;
- appeals against decisions made under the rules following a direction made by the Racing Integrity Commissioner;
- serious offence charges;
- matters referred to the Tribunal by Harness Racing Victoria, Greyhound Racing Victoria, Racing Victoria or the Stewards of a controlling body.
- appeals against decisions of a controlling body to refuse to grant approval for a bookmaker to operate from off-course premises; and
- appeals relating to Trainer User Agreements.
- Judge John Bowman – Chairperson
- Judge Graeme Hicks – Deputy Chairperson
- Magistrate John Doherty – Deputy Chairperson
- Justice Shane Marshall – Deputy Chairperson
- Judge Julie Nicholson – Member
- Robert Abrahams – Member
- Josh Bornstein – Member
- Des Gleeson – Member
- Judy Bourke – Member
- Heidi Keighran – Member
- Dr June Smith – Member
- Amanda Upton – Member
- Judge Marilyn Harbison – Member
- Maree Payne – Member
- Dr Andrew Gould – Member
- Greg Childs – Member
Racing (Integrity and Disciplinary Structure) Regulations 2019
- Racing Integrity and Disciplinary Structure Regulations 2019 Racing Integrity and Disciplinary Structure Regulations 2019 (PDF 329.37 KB)
- Racing Integrity and Disciplinary Structure Regulations 2019 Racing Integrity and Disciplinary Structure Regulations 2019 (DOCX 51.98 KB)
Forms for appeals
- Section 50F appeal form Section 50Cf appeal form (DOCX 33.48 KB)
- Section 50K appeal form Section 50K appeal form (DOCX 41.39 KB)
- Section 50M appeal form Section 50M appeal form (DOCX 41.13 KB)
Frequently asked questions
RAD Boards and historical decisions
The RAD boards for Racing Victoria, Harness Racing Victoria and Greyhound Racing Victoria will continue to hear certain historical proceedings which commenced prior to 1 August and have not yet been finalised.
Registrar - Mark Howard
T: 03 9668 2410
M: 0436 524 583
Page last updated: 13 August 2019