Victorian Racing Industry Fund program guidelines
The Victorian Racing Industry Fund provides funding to the Victorian racing industry to support the sustainability and growth of thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing.
Status: Open Closing: 30/06/2022
The VRIF provides support under three funding streams:
Raceday Attraction Program
Provides funding to promote a sustainable racing industry through increased attendance by, and engagement with locals, tourists and participants at Victorian racing events.
Provides funding to support the development of world class racing and training infrastructure which is essential for the ongoing operation and growth of the racing industry across all three racing codes.
Projects must be aligned with the strategic and infrastructure plans of the specific code (i.e. Racing Victoria; Harness Racing Victoria and Greyhound Racing Victoria).
Proposals may include, but are not limited to:
- The development or upgrade of racing and training infrastructure and patron facilities
- breeding and sales initiatives
- animal welfare programs
- participant welfare programs (e.g. jockeys and trainers)
- integrity support.
Provides funding to support the long-term growth of the Victorian racing industry.
Projects should be aligned with the strategic and infrastructure plans of a specific code (i.e. Racing Victoria; Harness Racing Victoria and Greyhound Racing Victoria) to ensure that they support the broader objectives of the industry.
Consideration may be given to projects that are not described within those plans at the Minister’s discretion.
The following organisations are eligible to apply for a VRIF Grant:
- Racing Victoria Limited
- Country Racing Victoria
- Harness Racing Victoria
- Greyhound Racing Victoria
- Racing clubs licensed under section 24A of the Racing Act 1958. This includes HRV Management Limited (trading as Tabcorp Park) and racing clubs registered as part of the Wimmera Racing Club
- Racing clubs licensed by Racing Victoria Limited as a picnic racing club
- Racing clubs licensed by Harness Racing Victoria as a graduation club.
The following organisations are eligible to apply for funding under the VRIF with written support from the relevant controlling body:
- associated racing industry bodies and stakeholders, for example the Victorian Jockeys’ Association, Australian Trainers’ Association (Victorian Branch)
- Racing Analytical Services Limited
- Association of Victorian Country Harness Racing Clubs.
Please refer to the guidelines for further information.
The Racing Code and General Fund is open all year.
The Raceday Attraction Program funding stream are considered in four rounds per annum the closing dates are listed below.
Annual funding round
Funding round opens
Applications closing date
Raceday Attraction Program
The following templates are required to be downloaded to your system, completed and uploaded with your online VRIF RAP application form
- Download the - Template - VRIF RAP Budget Template - VRIF RAP Budget.xlsx (XLSX 37.45 KB)
- Download the - Template - VRIF RAP Event History Template - VRIF RAP Event History.docx (DOCX 23.77 KB)
- Download the - Template - VRIF RAP Advertising and Marketing Strategy Template - VRIF RAP Advertising and Marketing Strategy.xlsx (XLSX 17.52 KB)
The following template is required to be downloaded to your system, completed and uploaded with your online VRIF Racing Code application form
Program area and assistance
For more information about the Victorian Racing Industry Fund please contact the Office of Racing 9668 2403 or VRIF@ecodev.vic.gov.au
Page last updated: 8 June 2021