The Victorian Forestry Plan supports the transition of the native timber industry to a future based on plantation supply while protecting as many jobs as possible. Transition support packages are available for workers, businesses and the community.
A transition team is supporting local communities and businesses through the transition and are based in Gippsland, North-East Victoria and the Central Highlands.
For support in your area, please contact:
- Gippsland - Andrew van der Kaap, Business Transition Support Officer, 0417 992 636
- North-East Victoria - Kara Zdrzalka (Hinton), Business Transition Support Officer, 0417 483 803
- Gippsland - Ruth Fitzclarence, Community Transition Support Officer, 0400 776 040
- Central Highlands - Yoshi De Wilde, Community Transition Support Officer, 0499 830 051
- North-East Victoria - Jenny Pena, Community Transition Support Officer, 0400 447 342
Mental health and wellbeing support is available if you are feeling concerned about the forestry transition process and this is affecting your personal health and wellbeing, or people you interact with are experiencing personal impact.
You can call the Forestry Information Support Line 1800 318 182, Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm. A case manager will help connect you with the most appropriate service in your local area.
If you require crisis support you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 any time of the day or night, or call 000 emergency services.
For more information on the Victorian Forestry Plan please call 1800 318 182 or email email@example.com
Page last updated: 14 September 2022