Social Procurement Framework
Social procurement is when organisations use their buying power to generate social value above and beyond the value of the goods, services or construction being procured. Social value refers to the benefits for all Victorians when the social and sustainable outcomes are achieved, through procurement activities.
- An Introduction to the Social Procurement Framework An introduction to Victoria's Social Procurement Framework (PDF 1746.1 KB)
- An Introduction to the Social Procurement Framework An introduction to Victoria's Social Procurement Framework (DOCX 26.5 KB)
- Victoria’s Social Procurement Framework Victoria’s social procurment framework (PDF 5759.14 KB)
- Victoria’s Social Procurement Framework Victoria’s social procurment framework (DOCX 61.13 KB)
Victoria’s Social Procurement Framework
Victoria’s Social Procurement Framework enables departments and agencies to deliver greater benefits from their procurement spend. The policy harnesses the government’s buying power to increase the value of goods, services and construction by delivering social and sustainable outcomes that benefit all Victorians.
The Social Procurement Framework is a dual responsibility of the Department of Jobs Precincts and Regions (DJPR) and the Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF).
Supporting industry and suppliers
The Victorian Government through DJPR is committed to supporting industry and suppliers to increase their awareness and understanding of the Social Procurement Framework.
The Buying for Victoria website includes supplier fact sheets covering the following topics:
- Essential information
- Inclusive Employment
- Public Construction Suppliers
- Aboriginal Businesses
- Victorian Australian Disability Enterprises
- Social Enterprises
- Small to Medium Enterprises
- Frequently Asked Questions
Procurement forward plans are available on the Buying for Victoria website for each department and core agency. The plans provide an overview of the types of procurement activities (for goods and services) that government agencies may undertake over the next 12 to 18 months.
Presentations and events
The Victorian Government conducts a range of presentations and events in Melbourne and regional Victoria about the Social Procurement Framework in partnership with key stakeholders.
The Local Jobs First Commissioner organises conferences and workshops around Melbourne and Regional Victoria which often include presentations by the Victorian Government about the Social Procurement Framework.
We will update this web page with details about other social procurement presentations and events for industry and suppliers as they are announced.
For more information email SEInclusion@ecodev.vic.gov.au or call 03 9651 7677.
Page last updated: 18 February 2020