LGBTI Inclusion Strategy
The department's LGBTI Inclusion Strategy 2018 - 2021 shows our commitment to create a workplace that is supportive of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and Intersex team members.
- LGBTI Inclusion Strategy DJPR LGBTI inclusion strategy diagram (PDF 36.32 KB)
- LGBTI Inclusion Strategy DJPR-LGBTI-inclusion-strategy.docx (DOCX 28.66 KB)
- LGBTI Inclusion Strategy Factsheet DJPR-LGBTI-inclusion-strategy-Factsheet.docx (DOCX 29.79 KB)
The strategy builds on previous initiatives and sets out clear goals and strategic action areas to increase the inclusion and visibility of LGBTI people.
The strategy has been developed in consultation with our Pride Network and aligns with the Australian Workplace Equality Index, the national benchmark on LGBTI inclusion.
The strategy has six goals:
- Policy and practice: our human resources practices and policies are based on best practice to support inclusive outcomes for LGBTI team members
- Strategy and accountability: we have a strategic approach to LGBTI inclusion and this is strengthened through governance and reporting
- Capability: the department is building its capability in LGBTI inclusion at all levels across the organisation
- Employee network and LGBTI allies: our employee led network and allies are engaged and supported to lead LGBTI inclusion
- A visible focus on inclusion: we all contribute to an inclusive workplace and our commitment is evident both internally and externally
- External engagement: the department actively participates in whole of Victorian Government initiatives and engages beyond the Victorian Public Service on LGBTI inclusion
Under each goal is a series of actions aimed at increasing the inclusion and support of LGBTI people in the department.
For more information please email the Diversity and Inclusion team at email@example.com
Page last updated: 5 July 2019