Victorian Government Gender Equality Pledge
The Victorian Government Gender Equality Pledge is designed to achieve commitment for actions that will support gender equality in Victorian workplaces.
As part of the successful Women@Work conference held in early 2018, a series of organisations signed pledges to initiate action plans to alleviate the gap in their workplaces. Those pledges are listed below.
Register your pledge
Everyone is encouraged to complete the Pledge and join the Register. A Pledge can be registered on behalf of an organisation or as an individual.
Once approved you will receive a certificate to acknowledge your Pledge and your name will be published on this website. The department will include individuals in initiatives to help achieve gender equality in Victoria and will work with organisations to help them implement the Victorian Government Gender Equality Pledge.
- Gender Equality Pledge Certificate - Organisations Gender Equality Pledge Certificate for Organisations (DOCX 102.36 KB)
- Gender Equality Pledge Certificate - Individual Gender Equality Pledge for Individuals (DOCX 102.98 KB)
Businesses of all sizes are encouraged to sign on to the Victorian Government Gender Equality Pledge. We will work with you and your business or organisation to help you implement pledges to:
- commit to gender pay equity and completing a gender pay audit
- implement a flexible work policy
- support a safe and respectful workplace
- support progression and leadership opportunities for women
- implement a family violence leave policy
Individuals are encouraged to sign on to the Pledge as an ambassador of gender equality in Victoria. We will include you in initiatives to help achieve gender equality in Victoria. Pledge to become an ambassador of gender equality in Victoria by:
- Championing the cause of gender equality in your workplace and community.
- Supporting workplace policies of flexible work, safe and respectful workplaces, leadership opportunities for women and family violence leave.
Organisations who have already signed pledges to initiate action plans to reduce the gap in their workplaces are:
- Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Justice and Regulation
- The Victoria Police
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of Treasury and Finance
- Industrial Relations Victoria
- Emergency Services and State Superannuation Board
- Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
- Energy Australia
- Deakin University
- Wodonga Council
- Girl Geek Academy
- Property Promotions.Com
- Auspicious Arts Projects
- Eastern Domestic Violence Service
- Uniting Vic.Tas
- Yarra Valley Water
- Youth Projects
- La Concierge Pty Ltd
- Apprenticeships Matter from Greensborough
- Victorian Council of Social Service
- CDC Victoria
Page last updated: 19 October 2018