Small Business Ministerial Council
The Small Business Ministerial Council (SBMC) was established to advise the Minister for Small Business on issues affecting the sector and help Victoria be the best state to do business.
The SBMC is chaired by Mr Stuart Benjamin, a regional businessman and serial entrepreneur in startups who holds senior board positions in the renewable energy sector.
In addition to the Chair, the Minister for Small Business has appointed members to the Council who reflect our diverse business community — regional, metropolitan, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabled and LGBTIQ small business owners and entrepreneurs with experience in finance and accounting, retail, hospitality, health, construction, community engagement and startup business ventures:
- Mr Stuart Benjamin, Elmstone (Chair)
- Mr Sahil Bhasin, Bricks and Mortar RE
- Mr Morgan Coleman, Vets on Call
- Mr Michael Dulitsky, Solid Pty Ltd
- Ms Robyn Erskine, Brooke Bird Pty Ltd
- Mr Tony Ingpen, Mount Evelyn Supa IGA
- Ms Seona James, Indigenous Cultural Connections
- Ms Sandra Jerkovic, Capire Consulting Group
- Ms Wendy Killeen, Stanton and Killeen
- Ms Tammy Lobato, Tammy Lobato Wigs & Hairloss Centre
- Mr Trevor Monti, Prestige Panel & Paint
- Mr Patrick Roseman, Roseman & Co.
- Ms Eva Sifis, By Accident
With the small business sector representing almost 98 per cent of all businesses in Victoria, the SBMC’s role is to bring their experience as connected, innovative and productive small business operators to a consultative forum that helps government understand, firsthand, the issues common to the sector.
Page last updated: 8 July 2021