Multicultural Business Ministerial Council
The Multicultural Business Ministerial Council (MBMC) was established to provide a consultative forum to the Minister for Small Business on issues affecting the multicultural business sector and help Victoria be the best state to do business.
The MBMC is chaired by Dr Stanley Chiang, the Founding President of the Australasian Promotional Society for Culture, Education, Economics, Trade and Health. Dr Chiang is a General Practitioner (GP) and works extensively with multicultural communities as a champion for diversity and inclusiveness.
The MBMC's members also have small business expertise and are connected to Victoria's non-English speaking communities.
The members are:
- Dr Stanley Chiang, Australasian Promotional Society for Culture, Education, Economics, Trade and Health (Chair)
- Mr Khaled Abdulwahab, Alt Music
- Dr Michael Akindeju, MKPro Group
- Ms Gracios Chidhakwa, Eagle Life
- Ms Debbie Lee, Empowered to Speak
- Mr Lino Magnano, Employers Work Solutions P/L
- Dr Amanda Mao, Acurit Medical Communications Pty Ltd
- Cr Jim Memeti, City of Greater Dandenong
- Ms Hanan Muhammed, My Kangaroo
- Mr Amarendra Timari, Cabot Square Taxation
- Ms Sujitha Sanjeevan, Light & Glo Designs Pty Ltd
- Mr Parsuram Sharma-Luital, Help Himalayan Youth Foundation Inc.
- Dr Ozlem Susler, La Trobe University
- Dr Ramya Thiyagarajan, iSmile Orthodontics
- Ms Sonia Vignjevic, Settlement Services International
The MBMC's role is to bring their experience and skills as representatives of Victoria's multicultural small business community to a consultative forum that helps government understand the benefits and challenges across cultures in small business.
Page last updated: 1 September 2020