Showcasing our purpose and our work
Published: 26 March 2019
We're proud to present this video highlighting our purpose and explaining how we will work to grow our state's economy and deliver benefits to all Victorians by creating more jobs for more people, building thriving places and regions and supporting inclusive communities.
It's our pleasure to showcase Victoria's great communities, talented businesses, hard-working industries and stunning locations!
Take a look at the video to see what this means for you.
Scene descriptions and text overlays
- [Scene description] View of Melbourne skyline by day
- [Scene description] View of Melbourne skyline by night
- [Scene description] Surfer on board at sunrise
- [Scene description] Man and woman at lookout viewing panoramic views
- [Scene description] Aerial view of the 12 Apostles
- [Scene description] Hiker on aerial bridge then looking up at the trees
- [Text] The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions is firmly focused on growing our state's economy and ensuring it benefits all Victorians
- [Text] We're working with businesses to create and maintain jobs so more people have meaningful work that's safe and secure
- [Scene description] Aerial view of sport stadiums and the Melbourne skyline, man at solar farm, man standing with truck passing behind, close up of woman in hard hat and safety googles
- [Text] How?
- [Text] By supporting businesses and workers
- [Scene description] Workers outside gardening
- [Text] By developing and growing our industries and assisting industries in transition
- [Scene description] View of wind farm, man walking through vines, workers in a factory
- [Text] By leveraging and securing our natural assets and regional strengths
- [Scene description] Man picking broccoli, aerial view of pastures and water, farmer herding sheep
- [Text] By fostering our visitor economy, creativity and innovation
- [Scene description] Man playing golf, dancers in studio, men looking a digital technology
- [Text] By connecting Victoria to the world by attracting investment and talent
- [Scene description] Woman walking through Peter Mac building, male worker soldering components, man looking at computer screen
- [Text] By helping Victorian businesses successfully trade into global markets
- [Scene description] Aerial view of stadium, Yarra river and Melbourne, night view of buildings, day view of buildings, time lapse views of church and traffic,view of the world, view of Melbourne from space
- [Text] We're building thriving places and regions that drive economic growth and opportunities
- [Scene description] Man and woman relaxing on lounge with view of mountain outside, a group of people eating and chatting at vineyard, a man and woman working with plants, a woman wearing 3D glasses, passing view of coastline
- [Text] How?
- [Text] By supporting businesses to establish and grow
- [Scene description] People at Street Feast van, view of hamburger, men in office discussing plans
- [Text] By taking a geographic focus on innovation and sector activity to attract investment and sector activity to attract investment
- Scene description] Aerial view of buildings and open space, artist's impression of open space, large ferris wheel at waterfront
- [Text] By cementing Victoria's position as Australia's leading cultural sport, tourism and events destination
- [Scene description] View of river and Melbourne skyline, two young women playing live music, surfer riding a wave
- [Text] We're supporting inclusive communities and creating opportunities for all Victorians in communities that are well connected culturally diverse and economically resilient
- [Scene description] View of sport stadium at night, horses racing, young girl at water drink fountain, two women walking through an office, aeroplane landing at night
- [Text] How?
- [Text] By working across government and with communities to understand how we can share the benefits of economic prosperity, address entrenched disadvantage and support a stronger and fairer society
- [Scene description] Cyclist riding on cycle path, dancers at night performing, aerial view of suburban homes, young family enjoying the open space, young boys enjoying ice cream, women shopping, a farmer feeding cattle, woman at computer working, biosecurity officers looking at a farm
- [Text] Who are we doing this for?
- [Scene description] Several photos of Victorian people smiling and doing what they love to do
- [Text] We are doing this for all Victorians
- [Text] More Jobs
- [Text] Thriving places and regions
- [Text] Inclusive communities
- [Text] Victorian State Government / Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- [Text] Authorised by the Victorian Government, 1 Treasury Place, Melbourne